Application Terms & Conditions
Read before submitting your application.
To All Applicants:
- You must be available to work SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS to be considered for employment.
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE & RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.
- You must have a high school diploma/GED or 2 years of verifiable experience providing Personal Care Services for a licensed provider.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
This application will be considered only if all information is completed. Be sure to give phone numbers for former employers. Please DO NOT CALL to speak with the supervisors, administration or scheduling department about your application. Do not have anyone else call as a reference for you unless this is requested by CARE, Inc.
Prior to being hired you must complete:
How to complete an application through LA Workforce Center.
If you have never registered through LA Works, you can apply at www.laworks.net
- On www.laworks.net main webpage, you will click on “My Hire Account” located on upper right section of the webpage. This will take you to the site to register for an account. Under the two white boxes that say username and password, look for the words “Register for your Hire Account”. Click on this. You will see three options. Under option 3, click on “individual”. You will click “No” where it asks if you are filing an unemployment claim at this time.
- You will now create a username and password. Enter a Unique User Name (4 – 20 Characters, letters or numbers). No spaces allowed. Enter a Password: (8 – 20 characters, and must include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character.) Allowable characters are (!),(@),(#),($),(%),(^),(*),(.),(_). You will then enter a security question, and your social security number, primary location information, and demographic information on this page. After completing this information, click on “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- You should now be on a webpage “My Dashboard”. Click on “Job Search” in the lower left hand corner. On the next webpage, you will click on Louisiana”. Change to “City”. Type in either Hammond, LaPlace, Covington, or Baton Rouge (depending on which office you are seeking employment) and then type “Personal Care Attendant” under Keywords.
- The next webpage will list all employers seeking Personal Care Attendants in the city you specified. Look for CARE INC and click on “Personal Care Attendants Needed”.
- You will see a job description on the next page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on “How to apply for this job”.
- Complete applicant questions, then click “Next”.
- In the second box, you will see “Provide a HIRE Application Online”. Click “Apply Via Application Form” inside this box.
- Under “Job Applicant Information Needed”, you will follow each step to enter your personal information, job history, and education. Once all this is entered, you should be directed back to the page that tells you what information is needed. There should be a green check mark indicating that all items have been completed. If so, check the small box on the left hand side (scroll down a little) and click “Submit”. If there is a red X then you did not complete the item of information required and you will have to do so. Once you see all green check marks, check the small box and click “Submit”.
If you have previously applied at www.laworks.net:
Log on and enter username and password. If you forgot, click on option 3 to “retrieve both”. Once you have received your username and reset your password, follow the instructions above.
First Aid Online
PCA’s should read through the FIRST AID free course and, upon completion, take the FIRST AID test. The cost of the test is $14.99 and requires a debit or credit card. After all is complete, it will prompt you to a screen that has 2 pictures of printers, click either one to print. If completing at home and you are unable to print, call the office with your login and password information and we can print it for you.
Safe Driving Course
If you are planning to drive clients YOU MUST complete the safe driving test online.
At the end of the course you must print your certificate and turn in to the office.
By continuing to the application, I agree that I have read this page in its entirety.
Note: On the following application, be sure no questions are omitted if required.