4 Ways Senior Women Can Think Pink
At CARE, your health is our top priority. We are honoring Breast Cancer Awareness month by providing our senior women with ways to Think Pink! Early detection of Breast Cancer can save your life. Growing age can increase your chances of breast cancer, so be aware of how to prevent it. It is also important to know that there are treatments and help available to you. Finally, remember to join us on the mission to find a cure.
- In 2020, an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer throughout their lifetime.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States.
- There are over 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
- We strongly recommend yearly exams such as mammograms, clinical exams, or self-examinations. Screenings are available at nearby hospitals, such as North Oaks OBGYN in Hammond, LA (www.northoaksobgyn.com/).
- A healthy diet ensures your body has the right vitamins and minerals to fight disease. Health professionals recommend drinking eight to ten ounce glasses of water a day, decreasing food additives, and limiting caffeine intake.
- Exercise helps strengthen the body and decrease stress levels that wreak havoc on your immune system.
- Smoking can increase your chances of developing breast cancer. If you do smoke consider a smoking cessation program. Visit https://smokingcessationtrust.org/ for more information and free resources.
- Surgery - An operation where doctors cut out cancer tissue, the two available options are referred to as a mastectomy and lumpectomy.
- Chemotherapy - Using unique medicines to shrink or kill the cancer cells. Often found in the form of a pill or liquid administered in your veins, or both.
- Biological therapy - Collaborating with your immune system to help it fight cancer cells or to manipulate side effects from other cancer treatments.
- Radiation therapy - Using high-energy rays to kill cancer cells.
We encourage you to donate to these reputable organizations
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- Dr. Susan Love Foundation for Breast Cancer Research
- https://lynnsage Cancer Research Foundation
Local Volunteer Option
If you have any questions about your loved one or the Personal Assistance CARE our team can provide after surgery or during cancer treatment, please give us a call at 1-800-798-6565.
* Reference: https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-facts and Ucsfhealth.org
You may also like these posts.
CARE inc. provides long-term care for toddlers and children with special needs or disabilities. Accomplishing day-to-day tasks can be difficult and overwhelming for special needs guardians.
CARE, Inc. has over 400 employees but still maintains a small and local company feel. Once you’re part of the CARE Team, you’re part of a growing network of committed and CARE-ing individuals...