Eat Healthy with These 9 Superfoods!
As we learn more about how food directly correlates to our health and wellness, people are tossing their processed and frozen foods away in lieu of freshly-made products. And while we now have a more thorough understanding of how big a role our food choices interplay with how we look and feel, there is still a lot of confusion as to which foods have the biggest impact for performance.
There are a number of “superfoods” that are loaded with the goodness, vitamins and nutrition our bodies need for optimal performance. Here are 9 Superfoods that can make a world of difference in the betterment of our body’s health:
- Spinach: For those who are iron-deficient or who don’t eat much meat, spinach provides a natural source of iron to increase healthy blood cell counts. This gives us more energy by filling muscles with oxygen. Just one look at Popeye and you’ll see why this iconic muscle-man loved to fill his pipes with spinach to defeat foes!
- Salmon: Want fewer wrinkles and fewer acne outbreaks? Salmon is filled with EPA, a type of Omega-3 that helps to boost the skin’s hydration and regulate skin oil production.
- Legumes: If you’re trying to lose weight, legumes help to tell your brain you’re full, so you don’t overeat. Plus, they provide protein and make your body work harder to break down the beans, so you’ll actually expend more energy to eat.
- Greek Yogurt or Plain White Yogurt: These make great little snacks and are plentiful in probiotics, which are the good kind of “biotics” to offset the toxins in your body.
- Kale: Add some sturdy kale to your diet! Kale is chock-full of antioxidants, perhaps more so than many other veggies and fruits. It is also nutrient-rich, providing plenty of iron, calcium and fiber.
- Oatmeal: Believe it or not, this charming breakfast favorite has a lot of nutritional value. It can help to lower your cholesterol, enhance metabolism and the fiber assists in digestion.
- Broccoli: Help fight off disease with this power-packed veggie. It has folates that help to reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes and cancer, as well as being known for having a plentiful amount of Vitamin C and other nutrients.
- Almonds & Walnuts: Each of these nuts has a different set of nutritional benefits and is loaded with vitamins. Some include: iron, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E, protein and magnesium (and more).
- Garlic: Add more garlic to your meals. This age-old seasoning has been used for eons, both for its medicinal properties as much as a nutritional additive to food. It can help with high blood pressure, cancer and heart disease prevention. It can also alleviate prostate issues in men, or lessen yeast infections among women.
While of course there are many more “superfoods” than just 9, you can apply these to your daily diet for noticeable health benefits. You should also research more top superfoods online!
You may also like these posts.
The days are long, and the nights can be longer. And sometimes ... you just need a break. You’re thinking, How can I ask for time away when my loved one can’t walk, talk, or even get a good night’s rest?It’s normal to feel that you shouldn’t leave or take time for yourself.
At CARE, we care deeply for your family, and we tailor our care to meet their specific needs. We help get them to their appointments, will run errands with or for them, and we are here to make sure they stay healthy.