How Stressed Are You? Take the Dosha Quiz to Find Out.
Maybe this is not news to you, but one of the biggest stress factors in many people’s lives is stress caused by work. There are many stressful professions out there – from teaching and dealing with difficult students; to high risk construction jobs or even having a deadline-driven job that requires long term mental focus.
These stressful elements can cause sickness, turbulence, depression, anxiety, irritability and can carry over into people’s personal lives. They are emotional disruptions that can upset our physical and mental well-being. Many people think they have no control over stress, when this is not the case. It is all in how we handle stress that can mean the difference between maintaining our sanity and good health versus wreaking havoc in our lives.
Ayurveda equates to a state of balance between your body, mind and the external environment. It refers to a holistic approach of better health. Through Ayurveda, certain patterns of energy can be expressed from the elements of Dosha. Taking a Dosha Quiz can help you determine just how stressed – or balanced – you may be, which can then help you make the right steps to correct the areas that are off balance. This is good not just for the mind, but also for your whole body.
Are you in good health? I would encourage you to take the DOSHA QUIZ to see where you stand.
Other things to do:
- Do some stretching or mental exercises throughout the day to free up tension.
- Don’t let demanding clients set you off the deep end. Instead, set boundaries and explain what you can and can’t do for them. They will be much more receptive through communicating.
- Don’t let your work get the better of you. Take a short break to regain your sanity when things get too overwhelming.
- Don’t let others get to you. Your mean boss or gossiping co-worker does not have to ruin your day unless you let them.
- Do things after hours that allow you time to relax. Yoga, reading, cooking or some hobby that you can look forward to will make your day fly by faster.
- Take care of yourself. Don’t skip breakfast or lunch just because you have work to do. Your health is your best asset and work will still be there when you’re done.
- Smile at people and even to yourself. Trust me, it will make you happier!
You may also like these posts.
While exercising is important at all points of life, it is especially important as you age. In this blog we will show you some moves to stay active while also staying safe!
Elders with COPD need the utmost care and attention. In this blog we will explore importance of elderly care for those with COPD, innovative approaches for management, and some challenges you may face in implementing these approaches.