Protecting You & Your Loved Ones’ Skin
July is National UV Safety Month and the perfect time to talk about protecting you and your family. Skin Cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. It is important to take note of certain precautions, how you can help your loved ones care for their skin, and more.
Know the ABCDEs of Skin Cancer
Take some time this month and every month to check your skin for suspicious moles. Then, check your family member’s skin and report anything unusual to your physician.
- One half of the mole does not match the other half
- Uneven or irregular borders
- Not uniform. Variety of colors like brown, tan, or black
- Spot or growth that is larger than 6mm ( 1⁄4 inch) or the size of a pencil
- Change in size, shape, color, elevation, another trait or new symptom.
Don’t Forget Protective Gear
Reduce your risk of skin damage and skin cancer by using protective gear that gives your skin necessary relief from the sun.
- Appropriate clothing (ex: long-sleeved shirts and pants made from light fabric)
Remember These Sun + Skin Tips
We hope you and your family members stay safe this summer! If you plan to be out in the sun, remember the protective gear above and the sun and skin tips below.
- Use sunscreen even when it is overcast
- Check your sunscreen’s expiration date
- Stay away from tanning beds
- Know your skin, so you can detect changes early
- Rays can pass through car windows too
- Seek shade when possible
If you notice any changes in you or your loved ones’ skin, get it checked. Whether it is a dark spot, rough patch of skin, etc.
You may also like these posts.
When you can’t visit your loved one face-to-face, it is important to stay in touch from a distance. Relationships keep everyone living a healthier and fuller life, and sometimes we have to think of creative ways to maintain and foster these relationships.
Being active can help seniors in a variety of ways, from benefiting cognitive functioning to maintaining physical strength. Once your beloved senior family member is finally sticking to their workout routine, you’ll be glad to have utilized these 4 various types of exercises.