Thrifty Tips to Ease Private Pay Home Care Expenses
It can be overwhelming to be designated as the primary caregiver of a special needs child or elderly relative. However, paying for assisted living, special schools or nursing homes is also too pricey for some families. If you are in this position and considering the cost of hiring an in-home caregiver, you may be wondering how it can be more affordable to pay the out-of-pocket expenses, and you may need the extra help to be able to continue doing your day-to-day activities, such as work or family obligations.
The quality of life that an in-home caregiver can provide offers tremendous relief for families in this situation. When weighing the pros and cons of private pay home care expenses, consider that you may be able to find help through external sources, and many people don’t realize that they qualify for government assistance.
Here are some things you may not realize that could make your decision easier or that could perhaps lighten the burden of your private pay expenses.
Did you know:
- Private pay home care expenses are tax deductible?
- You can choose the hours and days that your in-home care provider comes to help?
- CARE, Inc. can customize a plan based on your family’s needs and your relative’s level of attention necessary? For example, if you just need a few hours each day to run errands or do some work, we can arrange for one of our staff members to come for a specified period of time and set up a routine that works for your family.
- Sometimes services with care providers are negotiable?
- Some healthcare service providers offer short term assistance? For example, if your loved one has surgery or needs physical therapy for a few months and you only need three to four months of help, this can be arranged in advance.
So, how can you make it work for your family? First of all, when you contact CARE, Inc. we help you by evaluating your family’s current budget and circumstances. Many people don’t realize they may qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, and others have coverage under their private pay insurance programs or the Affordable Care Act. Medicare pays for certified home health care services under a sixty-day period known as the “Episode of Care” which is based upon your loved one’s health condition and the services needed. Not knowing could be preventing you from getting the health care services you need, while reducing the expenses that come directly from your pocket.
Not only do the skills of a skilled nursing staff or physical therapist help your family cope and manage the care of your loved one, it can provide you with relief and trained assistance in those areas of expertise you may rely on the most. CARE, Inc. is also specially trained for special circumstances, such as children with downs syndrome or adults with Alzheimer's, for example.
Contact Us to discover ways you may get help paying for private pay healthcare services and get your family back on track.
You may also like these posts.
Three of our clients at CARE Inc. participated in the State Summer Games hosted by Special Olympics Louisiana from May 18- 20, 2018. CARE Inc. was proud to sponsor Special Olympics Louisiana for their 50th anniversary.